Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Odds and Ends

Though the hockey news seems to be slow over the summer, it sure adds up. From gaining a new head coach in John Paddock to possibly alienating their second longest serving player in Wade Redden to restocking the Senators' minor league affiliate in Binghamton, much has changed since I last updated the night of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.

While I wish I could retread to comment on the "news", analysing Tom Preissing's departure 6 weeks after the fact isn't of much use. That said, there have been plenty of happenings from the Senators' annual development camp to the trading of Peter Schaefer that I hope to comment on at some point before the season gets underway. I'd like to do as in-depth as possible an analysis of the additions and departures and their potential impact on the organisation, grade Bryan Murray's first three months at the helm, and offer my expectations for player and team performance as training camp comes and goes. In the interim, I'll update on any major signings or moves the Senators make, offer my opinion on the Senators new logos and uniforms (the logos have been leaked; the uniforms will be unveiled on August 22nd at Scotiabank Place), and discuss odds and ends in general.

Despite having a shorter summer than 28 of the other NHL teams, it can't seem to fly by soon enough.

2 comments:

TJ said...

Amen!

Even though it is the shortest summer we have ever had it has seemed like the longest!

Getting that far only made me want hockey more.

I can't wait for the season to start, there are so many story lines I'm looking forward to following on this team this year:

Will Redden rebound?
Eaves breakout year?
What happens with Gerber?
Heatley's Richard race.

I could go on for days.

Come back hockey!

No One Remembers #2 said...

Hey thanks for the comment.

It is indeed going to be an intruiging year and I can't wait for it to get started. Soon it will be only days before training camp begins, and then it's just a skip and a hop to real hockey. It couldn't come soon enough.